Monday 26 October 2009

Moshi

We had discussed on and off whether we wanted to climb Mt Kilimanjaro or not while we were here. What mountain? The clouds are so thick and dark the mountain is invisible, so that is a bit disappointing, but also reinforces our decision not to climb at this time of year.

Duncan called the RAC again and the carnet bloke is on holiday this week. The staff there are unable to tell us if it got on the courier on Friday or not. Moshi is a chaotic little town where we finally found an internet cafe with power - though excrutiatingly slow. I was happy to discover that given our respective passports (UK/Sweden), neither Duncan nor I require visas for Rwanda so we dont have to find somewhere to print out the online app you're supposed to complete and take with you.

My bank's online services were not up to the lack of speed so I still dont know why I've not been able to withdraw funds since Botswana (fortunately my NZ bank has given me no such problems or we'd still be stuck in Malawi with no money for fuel).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...